Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Week 8 # 18 Jumping around again

I really like doing the assignments when I have real life applications. This time, I used Google Docs to create the Librarian's Meeting Agenda for today's meeting. I can see a create application with this for that purpose. In the share settings, I can send the agenda out to all the librarians and they can add and upload the information from anywhere. If one of us is out sick and happen to be working from home or even from another branch, this function allows us to work without having the work saved on a file at the branch. Very cool.

I can see it having very positive applications for our patrons, who often forget a disc and can't save to the computers. What happens when the printer is acting up? Just upload this to another networked computer and print from there.

No comments: