Friday, October 5, 2007

Number 23!!!!

1. What were my favorite discoveries or exercises on this journey?
The online productivity was my favorite. I think that was the one that had the biggest "Ah-ha" moment. The application fits exactly in what I am doing at the moment.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I definitely feel more comfortable talking to my middle schooler about Web 2.0 issues. Kids don't realize there is a difference. He wants to set up a myspace and has settled with a blog. Last year, I didn't know what that was. With the Web 2.0 discussion, I have come into the know a little better.

3. Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I didn't expect it to be as intensive as it was. Most of the beginning finishers did theirs at home, which wasn't an option for me. With the advent of the summer and other personal obligations, it became an obstacle I wasn't sure it I could complete.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program's format or concept?
Start a program like this over the winter when things are a little slower. I am sure there isn't a best time but it felt like a lot of stuff hit around a few month period. Other than that, I thought the program worked well.

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
Yes!!! We all need to continue to learn something new every day and what better way than through programs like this.

6. How would you describe your learning experience in a few words or a few sentences, so we can share our successes and promote this program?
We have to work hard for the things that are worth the most and this program certainly fits that. It is time consuming and sometimes completely frustrating but well worth all of it in the long run.

No comments: