Thursday, October 4, 2007

Overdrive

This is a cool resource. I always here patrons telling us they are very happy with this service. I don't find it helpful on my own personal level. Most of the materials are "checked out" and require a hold. I think the beauty of something like this is getting when you want. You don't have to get in your vehicle and go to the library. If it is 1 in the morning, you can get the material. Not on Overdrive. I tried to use the search function to look for books by Avi. It returned 193 hits and none of them were by Avi. I looked up a title of his. (Crispin, the Newbery Award winner. Nothing. A book by Crispin was found. When I did find something I thought I might like to check out, I put in my system and my card. Nothing. Maybe, the fact that items are overdue affects it. So I tried my son's card. Nope. Maybe the small fine (under $2) affects it. Success! I finally found a card that it would accept. (Don't worry, this is a member of my family)Maybe I am just tired and couldn't figure this out sooner.

Bottom line: I like the service just not for me.

No comments: